Before you start the exercise below, print this Worksheet.
You have a site that you want help with. Try this exercise to give you additional ideas for improving what you have. I will use the words you come up with in this exercise to create of meta tags to help your site to be found.
There are many search engines that you can use to do your research. Type in the address bar: search engines, and see what you get. Try one, start the research, and then after a while, try another search engine with the same words.
You can ask your family and friends to search and give you addresses to look at. I hope this will be a fun exercise.
Here are some ideas of things to look for, happy hunting!
- Write down the words you use in each search.
- Mark down if it is already a business.
- Do you come up with businesses that are like what you want to do?
- How many sites offer your service in the area you want to serve?
- Check out layouts.
- Check out colors.
- Think about the feeling you get.
- How do the photos look?
- Can you find what you want?
- Is there a way to ask questions? .