Create Your Website Pages
Before you start the exercise below, print this Worksheet.
This is the final sheet and can be combined with the Fixing Your Old Pages worksheet. This is where you finalize the pages you want to have in your new site and the order they appear on the navbar, plus what pages link off of the main pages.
It would be best if you have done all the other worksheets before you do this one. This is where you make a list of each page on your site and list the pictures and images that go on each page.
I will take your photos in the biggest files you have and optimize them for the web myself so that I can get them to fit and load quickly on your pages.
If you want things to move or flash, you will need to talk to me about your options. Here is one consultant that you can contact for graphics:
- Anabella Antonino, a graphic designer.
- I have consultants that I hire to help with this if you want things that I cannot do.
- Your website pages:
- What pages do you want? Most sites have the following pages:
- Home: One or two short paragraphs that states what you are, do, sell, etc.
- About: Some history you would like others to know about.
- Portfolio: List of clients or images of projects or products.
- Contact: How to get ahold of you. You do not need to have an email. You can just ask people to call you.
- Site Map: This is what I put together so people can see all the pages on your site on one page and hopefully how they fit together.
- You will need to take your own photos, or buy the ones you want from the web. You cannot just take them from another site, but it will help to see what you like.